The National Week of Deaf People (NWDP) is a weeklong national celebration of Deaf individuals and the Deaf Australian community.
It is an opportunity for Deaf people to:
- Celebrate their community, language, culture and history
- Make the public aware of their local, state and national Deaf communities
- Recognise their achievements
This week our schools will be celebrating by:
- collecting donations via a coin trail competition – the winning class ,1/2O, was announced on Monday 23rd October!!!
- selling t-shirt cards for $1 all week
- hosting Loud Shirt day on Friday 27th October
Help us continue to advocate and work for the Deaf community!
Your donation to Deaf Australia shows governments, industry and service providers that Deaf people, their families, friends and organisations are committed to ‘building a better Australia for Deaf people’.